n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

RVBXX checkup

So I bragged about my Value and Income Fund (RVBVI) reaching the 99th percentile at Marketocracy, but I didn't touch on the other fund. To be fair, I've got to talk about both!

RVBXX, My "Smart Buys" fund, hasn't fared as well. For the past year, the fund was in the 49th percentile of all funds. As a result, it has undergone some serious changes and you can see that in the performance.

RVBVX

What you used to see is a very volatile, high beta, fund. This summer, I've focused more on limiting this - it was simply too risky, and though it outperformed to a degree, it didn't compensate for the additional risk.

Lately, I've gone defensive. Thus, you see recently the market has been moving, but RVBXX has not been moving higher at the same pace. If you read my previous post about RVBVI, this is my stance - I'm a believer in the yield curve at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home