n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Chipotle - Results are in

I am closing the Chipotle poll on the right hand side of my blog. The final votes are in and, surprise, y'all are undecided! Only 19 votes is weak, though, and I have the sitemeter stats to prove that far more than 19 people visited my website! How hard is it to vote???

I had the opportunity to listen to the conference call two nights ago. There wasn't alot that I learned from the call, but I got a good number to use - $0.66 per diluted share in '05. (I am deducting the earnings from the tax-loss credit). That means that currently CMG trades at about 76 times trailing earnings. Perhaps this is why there is so much indecision among you out there! RBC agreed and slapped a "sector perform" (whatever that means) on the stock.

At any rate, the prospects for Chipotle remain pretty strong and the stock will likely be a good performer over a 10-year horizon. But, expect it to continue to be quite volatile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home