n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Friday, February 17, 2006

Some ideas

Well, Boston Scientific (BSX) isn't quite as cheap as I mentioned they other day. I actually added that one to my personal account which was more luck than skill (The next day France decided to reimburse patients for BSX's stent product and the stock got a nice pop). However, it's still cheap and in my personal opinion the Guidant worries are overblown. From a technical standpoint, if the downtrending line gets breached (BSX trades for above 26.50), BSX could be off to the races and I don't see a ton of downside here. I didn't plan this, but I was a holder of JNJ last year, and now I find myself in the BSX camp. Weird.

SHORT CARIBOU - this thing is awful. If you can find the shares to short, do it. I had not realized how poor their marketing is until I visited one for the first time this week. The decor is cheesy...why do I feel at home drinking coffee with Caribous? How the hell is that going to work in metro areas? Why do I want to work at a table that is not flat and uneven? Warped boards as tabletops are NOT user-friendly. I'm baffled. Maybe CBOU is good in Minnesota, perhaps. Bad everywhere else. What's worse is that the company is just as bad on the balance sheet. The company is adding debt. Why are they levering up a company with no earnings and p*** poor marketing? One thing to note, however, is that the coffee IS actually better here than at Starbucks. It ain't enough in my mind.Catablast agrees.

2 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 7:36 PM, Blogger nodoodahs said...

IMO not hard to get better coffee than SBUX. My local BP has better coffee, and I can get fresh kolaches and tamales in corn husk.

 
At February 20, 2006 11:16 AM, Blogger rvb1977 said...

Yeah, sbux coffee sucks, but that brand is one of the best in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home