n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Two items of business

First, I thought this picture was kind of funny. Wish I'd not gotten stuck in traffic to see the Yahoo headline on the top of its own home page.



Second, I thought that we should all read this post by Barry Ritholz concerning technical analysis. I still posit, even after a year in Bschool that it has its place in the investment business. If one ignores it, then he/she is missing out on a useful tool. Pay attention to the comments in the post - they add alot.

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2006 4:30 PM, Blogger nodoodahs said...

"I still posit, even after a year in Bschool that it has its place in the investment business" ...

Makes me glad I never went to Bschool.

Seriously, I have avoided "higher education" as much as possible. It took far too long to deprogram after high school, and even older and tougher, it took lots of care to avoid internalizing the bullshit passed around at college. I can't IMAGINE the crap you're having to swallow (and regurgitate).

Regards!

 
At July 20, 2006 4:41 PM, Blogger rvb1977 said...

Alot of school is the people.

Plus, at least I know what the others are doing and why it's wrong sometimes.

And some of it is actually useful, too.

But at the core, investing is an art. Trading is much more scientific.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home