n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Friday, July 14, 2006

Pandora is Cool - Really Cool

I just encountered "Pandora". What a kick-@ss website. Granted I've only spent 10 minutes with it.

Techcruch alerted me about the site, via an RSS feed: "When did Earthlink Get So Cool?"

Already, internet users are catching on.

As a Rhapsody user, I know the songs I know and no more. Rhapsody's recommendations - well, quite frankly they suck. I hear the same about iTunes. Pandora's recommendations are really good. My quick office poll has people in agreement.

So, now I am a Pandora user. My next question is, can someone copy it? It seems fairly easy to do, but my user experience will keep me more informed. I can tell you that I will get MUCH MUCH more horsepower out of Rhapsody by using Pandora. In fact, I will now keep my subscription because I have found the place to help me keep my Sandisk (SNDK) Sansa full of fresh music that I like. Fresh is important in music. There is real value there - the question remains if it can be recognized

2 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I dunno who you are (just stumbled across your blog) but you clearly aren't into the web 2.0 space. Anyway, if you like Pandora, you'll love Last.FM. Check the Alexa numbers on that one.

 
At July 23, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger rvb1977 said...

"but you clearly aren't into the web 2.0 space"

Well, I don't know about that - I'm surely not at the forefront, but I'd say I'm in the upper 10th percentile. Aside form that, I'm just a finance guy who looks out there at new stuff trying to find out what's going on and where we should invest $$$.

At any rate, I'll check it out, but I gotta say that at first glance I'm less than enthused about having to download some stuff.

That said, the Alexa numbers are impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home