n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Monday, August 15, 2005

What I'm watching

I thought I'd put a quick blip about the potential trades I may (or may not be) making soon:

Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT)(Short) - the company reduced guidance, fell, and then went higher a little bit after the announcment. The hospitals group looks weak to me at this point.

Apple Computer (AAPL) (Long) - My buy order actually triggered while I was away at lunch with my wonderful girlfriend on Friday!

Surmodics (SRDX) (Long swing trade) - Looking for an entry around 36.5, looking to be out around 39.

CVRD (RIO) (Long) - Ah, one of my favorite companies the past 2 years, Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD) - the world's largest iron ore producer. The company has been posting solid #'s ever since it has been publicly traded!

Ventas (VTR) (Short) - Recent weakness has made itself abundantly clear in the REITs, and I like VTR's chances to continue lower.

My Anything Goes long fund has positions in AAPL and RIO, and my Aggressive Growth Fund also has a position in AAPL.

Both of these funds have been profit taking the past week, as I believe we are headed for some intermediate term (1-6 month) weakness in the overall markets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home