n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Technical owie

Today's post-fed reversal looks to be a bad sign for the markets. Rarely does the next day follow through, but our chances of continued selling seems higher now.

There's a new hurricane on the way. I think it's time to get ready to SHORT, yes, that's SHORT oil once this hurricane passes. I believe that the latest surge in buying on nothing but the fear that this hurricane will be another katrina is wrong. And, I believe that the surge in buying will leave many investors on the wrong side of the markets - and lead to capitulation (mass selling). I could be wrong. Next week will be interesting, as Rita seems determined to make me wrong - she's gaining steam and is now a Cat 4 'cane.

Back to the technical owie. Look at this chart (chart courtesy of Stockcharts.com):


This is the third time the Nasdaq has hit this level. The MACD lines are showing a triple negative divergence on the Index. That's not a good signal for the markets as a whole. This RARELY sets up. And when it does, look out below.

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2005 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great If you have a health issue, I'm sure you'd be interested in Migraine Headache Discover how to stop Migraine Headache

 
At September 20, 2005 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respect to the Electricians
Web 2.0 Conference 2005 October 5-7, 2005, San Francisco, CA We've been planning to finish off an area in our basement for an office and a separate storage room for some time now.
You hae a neat blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a advanced weight losssite/blog. It pretty much covers advanced weight loss related stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home