n <'--Google Analytics-->

RVB's Market Musings

What began here as an avenue to interact and learn has far exceeded those goals.

If you are a prospective employer, please consider this site a place where you can see my passion for investing...

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Google piloting secondary market for employeed options

Google to test-run employee options auction plan (links to original Marketwatch blurb)

Google has chosen 20 employees to test its "Transferrable Stock Options" plan whereby employees can sell their options to the highest bidder. This gets me to wondering, why would Google do this? The first thought that came to me is that Google likes to be innovative and this would be. My second thought is that they believe the stock is priced too high and want employees to be able to cash out without any kind of backdating-esque scandals surrounding options practices.

My next thought is, "Why don't other companies do this?" Maybe we could begin a secondary market for these plans and sell the biz in a few years to an exchange.

Maybe I'm overthinking this altogether and it is a non-event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home